The Facility

al-mawaddat centre

At 172 Jalan Pahang, Setapak, the facility is a privately rented premise to house religious gatherings for the KSI communities.

Acquired in July 2009 with overwhelming financial and moral support from individual well-wishers from East Africa, the building was secured and renovated for the coming Ramadhan. Five students (Brothers Aliasger Kalyan, Miqdaad Ramani, Mohamedhusein Molu, Shahidali Allidina and Taha Molu) who were on semester break volunteered to expend their time and effort towards the renovations. Travelling daily to and fro from their homes in Nilai and under the supervision of the Advisory, Alhaj Husseinbhai Kassam, the students cleaned up the centre, painted the interior walls and set up all the cabling for the sound and media facilities.

The centre was softly opened on 16th Ramadhan 1430 (5th September 2009) to give way for the first Iftar gathering and celebrate the Wiladat of Imam Hassan (A.S). Two weeks later, on the Eid-ul-Fitr, the Centre was officially opened by Alhaj Husseinbhai Kassam, the Convenor of Al-Mawaddat Centre Kuala Lumpur and Advisor to the Khoja Shia Ithna-Asheri Students at Malaysia.

The building facility comprises of two floors. The Ground Floor houses the gents hall, gents washroom and a specially constructed wudhoo facility. The ladies hall, kids room, ladies washroom, kitchen and store rooms are located at the First Floor.

This achievement marks an important milestone for the future of KSI community in Malaysia. With a fully fledged gathering facility, community members can now gather conveniently and organise religious gatherings.

SHABIH-E-ZIYARAT

© 2015 Al-Mawaddat Centre. All Rights Reserved.